Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just another Thursday

Today I have to navigate my way around the Dutch medical services, and believe you me, this is no mean feat.  
Apparently us mere mortals (i.e. anyone NOT a doctor or doctor's receptionist) are too bloody stupid to make decisions regarding our own health.  
Sigh.  
I'll just let the matter rest or I'll get worked up all over again.

Then I have to make meatballs (am a vegetarian...) without egg and milk and bread made with milk for Son#1's Christmas dinner at school.  

This is all because one girl cannot eat egg, milk or bread made with milk.
 
I'm only mentioning this to reiterate the fact that I'm a whimp:  Why I didn't just tell the mother of this girl that hell, I was planning to buy the meatballs at IKEA and definitely not planning to make it myself (I mean, really) just proves the fact that I have no backbone whatsoever.



Luckily in this case, my good deed will be punished, as I don't envy the poor kid who will eat my milkless-eggless meatballs.  Haha.  Revenge is mine after all.


I also have to do Christmas shopping for Saturday and I-don't-want-to.

All of the above depends on whether I survive the doctor's visit:  He's burning a hole in my nail (I hear the screeches of horror echoing from across the globe) to relieve the pressure and pain of my poor injured index finger.

Wish me luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment