Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sinterklaaaaaas!

Last night we were paid a visit by Sinterklaas and his helpers, the Zwarte Pieten.  They left heaps of gifts for the boys - a Playmobil castle, a Playmobil Noah's Ark, lego and Hotweels race tracks for Son#1 and Son#2. 

Nothing for the parents. We must have been very bad this year.

Two boys were so overwhelmed by the magic of it all, that they had trouble sleeping, prowling the room in the dark at 3 in the morning.



The weather has turned here in the Northern Hemisphere, and our sunny extended autumn days have turned into wet snow, hail and rain.

Taking my cue from the weather, I plan on cocooning for the rest of the winter, starting this week.

I plan on cleaning my house, kissing my kids, and going to bed as early as possible.

Calm, peace, rest be my motto from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment