Friday, December 16, 2011

C'est Le Weekend: That GREY time of year again...




Actually, December and Christmas and New Year's is an awful time. 
Awful.  

Season to be jolly, my foot.  More like the Season of Lack.

Many a single friend hates it because it reinforces the fact that they are still single:  yet another year on your own.  

Family is far far away.

You tally up the bills and it leaves you with that gnawing feeling that you could have done it better.

Grey skies and rain and snow and jackets and scarves.



A time of year when the Haves and the Have Nots in this world are only accentuated.   
Makes you think about your life and what value it adds.

And every year I ask myself how long I will still survive here.  
What can I say?  I'm from the East Coast of Africa.
It's nice and warm there.

Sigh.
Come on, Summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment