Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new

As it is still 2011, let me start by saying:  Happy Old Year. It ain't over yet, you know.

In the spirit of New Year's Resolutions I've been thinking what I should change this coming year.  

I've also been thinking about the Mayan calendar that predicts the end of the world on 23 December 2012.  Should I then plan beyond this date?? (Ridiculous I know, a whole 8 days without a plan!!)



Luckily New Year's resolutions don't last long in my mind either, and one can then quickly get on with trying to live mindfully and enjoying what we have now, while still endeavouring to effect change in our lives.  

I suppose I should rather list the things that I am grateful for in 2011:
  • We had healthy and wonderful Son#3
  • Son#1 turned 6 and started becoming human again
  • Son#2 turned 3 (he can be quite nice inbetween his toddler tantrums)
  • We are all semi-healthy (Son#2 and myself on the not-so-healthy part of the scale)
  • The husband and I have jobs and can afford to pay for the things we need
  • We sold our house within 11 days
  • The husband and I truly love each other
  • Our parents are alive and well-ish, and, ultimately,
  • We have prospects and choices that a helluvalot of people in this world don't have

Taking the number of hours we managed to sleep last night into account, I suspect that I'll be fast asleep with the boys tonight at 8 and quite possibly miss the New Year. 

It was a difficult yet joyful year.  It all depends on how we choose to approach things, isn't it?


Will let my mind ponder throughout the day what the changes are that I'd like to make this coming year.  
Up to 23 December of course.



 

2 comments:

  1. At the end of this (less than perfect) year, all I can say is: I did my best. Others might not agree, but think back to one of those dreary gatherings when some quasi-philosopher said: "Anyone, anywhere, anytime, and under any given set of circumstances, will always do his/her best ......." - and how that spiced up the conversation?
    Well, your posts are thought provoking and I wish you well - even beyond 23 Dec 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Wishing you all that is GOOD and JUST and PROSPEROUS for the coming year!

    ReplyDelete