Monday, December 12, 2011

Menu for this week

Son#1 has declared that I'm allowed to make Bobotie ONE more time and then NEVER again.  I guess he's not a fan.  Won't include it in the weekly menu but rather spring it as a surprise on my poor 6-year-old honey when he least expects it (and because I really like it!).


More and more each day, I'm coming around to the idea of voluntary simplicity:  Choosing to live a simple life.  Not poor and poverty stricken, just simple.  Without all the stuff.



It's difficult.  Walking through supermarkets and turning away from the good stuff that is on display, but not on your shopping list.  Trying to keep myself convinced that I don't want that iPhone after all.  Just being happy with what one has.  My old phone still works.  No Apps possible but who cares.  Because that's it, really:  Stuff won't make me happy, but people will.  My people will.  My peeps rule.

And because my peeps rule, here is a menu for our week, without the dreaded Bobotie.

Menu for the week

Monday                         Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with roasted butternut
Tuesday                         Vegetarian 'meat' balls, broccoli, potatoes & cream sauce,
                                           Lingonberry jam
Wednesday                     Kale with mashed potatoes, smoked (vegetarian) sausage 
                                  (Dutch dish) with mustard & vinegar
Thursday                          Cauliflower soup & bread
Friday                                Vegetarian Schnitzels, baked potatoes, gingered carrots 
                                           & peas
Saturday                           Home alone again:  Homemade Pizza with the boys
Sunday                             Vegetarian lasagne

Have a good week :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment