Friday, January 23, 2015

C'est Le Weekend: Testing, testing

Today, an afternoon of hospital tests.
I've been sleeping remarkably well, despite foregoing my daily melatonin-dose, and even despite the considerable pain that I've been experiencing.
Things can always be worse, and strangely, that's a comforting thought.
 
 
The boys are doing well-ish, except for Son#2 who got bitten and scratched by a crazy kid at school.
I complained to teacher, and I hope the problem has now been resolved.
Son#1 comes home from school with tests to study for and piles of homework, all due on the same day. 
Son#3's daycare teacher dropped off his favourite stuffed toy at 8 p.m. last night.
There are good people in this world.
 
My days are spent resting and cleaning up after the kids and adults.
I read, study minute amounts and cook dinners.
I like this restful period.
 
Next week an appointment with my boss awaits, which I'm not looking forward to, but I'll have to hold onto this calm of the moment, lest I fall into a deep, deep hole.
Nothing lasts forever.
Except grief, because the gods know that I miss my dad.
Everyday.
 
.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment