Friday, January 16, 2015

Boxing gloves: check

I met up with a practical and wise friend in Breda this morning.
She gave me a helluva pep-talk:
No Yo, you're not dying.
And no Yo, you're not stuck in a work rut either:  you can just learn whatever you need to know (even improve my Dutch).
She's right.
No point in moping around and wallowing in worry.
All that looking back is pointless anyway.

The sun is shining beautifully outside.
It's crisp weather, but dry.
We heard birds twittering in the trees when we stopped at home.


Son#2 and I will have a date on Sunday.
He's very, very angry of late, and clingy too.
I can't drag his worries out of him.

We bought a Monopoly set yesterday and it's a helluvalotof fun playing with the boys.
Son#2 is in his get-angry-when-I-lose phase.
I remember it well from way- back-when with Son#1.
This too shall pass.
Everything does, you know.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment