Friday, January 9, 2015

Affairs in order

Both the husband and I feel that there is something about to happen, and the need to prepare for this unforeseen circumstance is quite present.
Perhaps I'll drop dead?
We won't know until we get there, but I do know that I have to get my affairs in order.
It's a strange feeling.
 
Slowly but surely, we are sorting out clothing and crap. 
This weekend, the attic and my closets await.
I'd like to get started on the cellar too, but there is the very real prospect of large spiders and I'm not willing to go that far.
 
Meanwhile, tonight, I'm going to my friend Karen's birthday get-together, although I feel tired and feverish.
My colleagues from barf-barf work would like to meet up, which would be nice.
I'm just afraid that all this uncertainty regarding my health will make me cry and make people uncomfortable.
Sigh.
 
 
The husband and I had a long conversation last night about having a purpose to one's life.
I'm not sure it always has purpose.
Sometimes being alive is a purpose in itself.
We can't all be the Steve Jobses or Richard Bransons of the world, and one must seriously question if that is even what one would aspire to anyway.
 
Love is important to me.
Loving my family, being a good (enough) person.
Trying to be kind where I can.
I might never write best-sellers.
I might never paint another painting nor be an expert in my field.
But I'd like to be kind.
That should be sufficient.
There are many things that would be better to just let go.
 
 
 
.

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented. You are kind. You are loved. And you have always been a wonderful friend to me and that means more than words can describe. Sending lots of 'get lost pain' thoughts your way. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a boomerang, I hope my good thoughts reach you too. Love, love, love and tears. xxxxxxxx

      Delete