Sunday, June 22, 2014

Oh Sunday morning

The boys were up just before six, then traipsed down the garden path to the guest apartment where my poor mother lay sleeping, innocently unaware of the barbarians at her door.
Son#2's booming voice woke up the neighbours I'm sure.

My mother and I watched a documentary on food (mass) production last night, and a Mike Leigh film, Another Year.
I think I am Mike Leigh's biggest fan.

 
But today, we went to Kasteel de Haar, near Utrecht.
It was blooming gorgeous.
The weather was great, we took a picnic with and played football under the tall trees.
Son#1 threw repeated tantrums and was promptly ordered to sit it out on the blanket.
Afterwards, we strolled around the castle and back to the car.
I can feel that soccer-session in my calves, shamefully so.  
But it was fun.
We didn't go into the castle with the 3 boys there - more stress for me I almost cannot imagine today, but my mother and I might sneak off to Kasteel de Haar again on Tuesday...  sans enfants.


No comments:

Post a Comment