Friday, June 20, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: Husbandless, but not Childless

The husband has left for his weekend away with ex-colleagues.
We cleverly pinched his car, and I'm planning to take my mother to some gorgeous castle somewhere this weekend.
The skies are dark though.


I started studying again this morning, issues relating to sentencing, and societal reactions to crime.
It sounds as though I get it, doesn't it?
The Art of Bullshit never fails, harhar.

Son#1 left for school on foot, after not having studied for a geography test and getting the how-manieth flat tyre on his bike.
I've come to realize that I cannot mitigate the effects of his behaviour (as I have been doing for years), because in doing so, I ain't doing him no favour.
He has to learn to feel the effects of not following rules, and he has to learn to take responsibility for his actions, not pushing it off on someone else.

Son#2, a.k.a. Binary Boy, who sees the world in exactitudes, zeroes and ones only, will learn to be flexible in time, I hope.
But he listens remarkably well actually, asks permission for everything, whereas Son#1 does not.

But it's the age-old conundrum of parenting:  Learning to simply love and accept your child for the unique and separate (ouch!) creature that he/she is.
That's the tough-part.

Now Son#3 and I are watching Peppa Pig, and I'm about to drink another coffee.

No breakfast for me this morning - the husband and I ate far too much Sushi last night.
Oi vey.
Have a happy weekend!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment