Monday, June 16, 2014

Duh

Another week starts.
My mother will be gone in less than 2 weeks.

Tomorrow, my final exam before the summer holidays awaits, and to be very honest, I'm not that prepared. 
My get up and go has got up and went, as they say.
We're off to Ikea this morning for cheapo breakfasts but mostly for studying in their restaurant, which I do remarkably well there.



The boys have been carted off to school, after we spent yesterday in the sun at the rugby club's barbeque, all our faces tinged with tans.

Mostly, I miss my dad.
Grief is a funny thing.


.




2 comments:

  1. Father's Day makes you grieve I guess.. (I know I felt a knot in my stomach for sure, and 1987 is a long time ago).
    Ikea is lucky to have you :-D I'll keep my fingers crossed tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roos. Sending you and yours a huge hug, which you surely deserve.
      Ikea should start welcoming me with VIP treatment. After all, I seem to be their biggest fan. It sort of scares me, sitting in my little rut, that I seem to know the products' names. Sigh. xxx

      Delete