Thursday, June 12, 2014

Ho ho ho

I'm in a bit of a funk: restless and cranky.
No amount of good kid behaviour was sufficient,  and if it weren't for my mother's presence, there would have been casualties.
Sigh.
Sometimes I just suck and there is no PMS  to blame.



In South Africa, a childhood friend and her family were attacked and shot at during dinner by 5 (!!) armed men. 
Her husband's quick reaction saved them, having shot and killed the ringleader in front of their kids.
(In South Africa, most people carry a gun for protection).
Can you imagine their trauma??
This poor family has already dealt with enough awfulness - her father committed suicide, they lost a son and now this, amongst other things.
Some people just seem to draw the short straw.

And reading what I just wrote makes me quite ashamed.
Our straw is long.
Loooooooong.


No comments:

Post a Comment