Sunday, July 7, 2013

Market Day

It was hot yesterday, and it feels even hotter today.
Yesterday, we went to Valras Plage, to the beach.
It was a good day - we spent about 2 hours on the beach, and then we went for a pizza.
Everyone is friendly here, and that's nice.

Today is Market Day in Saint-Chinian.
To the husband's great chagrin, I bought yet another basket (and I'll have to clamp down on my basket shopping now, because next time I'm sure he'll burn the lot).
But, I also bought super-delicious olives to go with all the beer and wine I intend to consume today, honey soap, a small bag of lavender and another bar of coconut soap.

 
At least when I get horridly inebriated today, I will smell wonderful, be clean and can sniff my bag of lavender when I feel stressed when said beer and olives are running low.

And then we came home again, and saw two cigales that are popping out of old skins on the gate.

 
Pretty impressive, but they are HUGE and pretty damn ugly and I wouldn't want to bump into a cigale at any point in time.
Ever. 

Now the 2 village boys, Nichola and Pierique, are here to blast Son#1 and #2 with water pistols.
The husband, who also didn't sleep a lot last night and is a bit grumpy and short today, has been sent for a nap.
Son#3 is watching Dora for the gazillionth time, and I'm about to get the fly-swatter so I can decimate the fly population for the next ten minutes, before they seem to crawl from the walls and sit on every bleeding surface again.

The husband and I are also wondering if we should add another week onto the holiday - he has leave for another week after we return, and we're here now anyway, but we're not sure yet.
Another week is costly.
And do we really want to spend so much time together?
It's hard to escape fights between the boys, noise, and the husband is the Tour Leader, because I fail to muster the energy to come up with anything to do.

Sigh.

 

1 comment: