Friday, July 19, 2013

And so we're back from Outer Space

And there is always the post-holiday Dip and bad news.
First, I'll pick up where I left off.

We were going to go to the Cote Vermeille, but it was Black Saturday.
We hadn't counted on that.
So we took the opposite direction of all the traffic jams (and I mean, traffic JAMS, no shorter than 40 km in 30 degree heat, families with babies standing by their cars on the highway).
Montpellier it was to be then.
And it was gorgeous.

Scale:



Lunch at the Black Cat, which was delicious, and the boys could run around on the little square:

 
Then we drove to Agde, to a small, unassuming little cottage in a holiday park.
But clean, well-equipped, and with a view of Sete.
Bonus:  It had a pool and air conditioning.
And we had Muscat (or Mushcat, after a few glasses of this divine liquid).

Mummy happy.

We went to Marseillan, which is a beautiful little town with a harbour (not Marseillan Plage, which was uuuugly).



I bought a shirt in a shop, thinking it was €42 - already a blooming fortune, but it turns out I have trouble reading French numbers - it was €72 (cough, cough, and too embarrassed to cry off).
There goes food shopping for the rest of the month.
Mmmmmmm.

And finally to Meze, on the beach, boosting our Vitamin D levels while gazing at sail boats floating past.

 
 


The long trek to Dijon on Tuesday morning, and I somehow mislaid the wires for the DVD-player in the car.
Then the charger for the games broke.
We sang songs and fought and lunched along the way.
My mother phoned to let us know that my dad is in hospital again.
His hip has broken right off, and they need to operate to get him mobile again.
His calcium levels are off the chart, his hemoglobin levels are too low.
Blood transfusions.


And now we're home again.

The house is cluttered and we left it in a mess.
But who cares.

My dad is going for an operation tomorrow morning at 11 a.m., South Africa time.
It's a gamble, and can go either way.
Tonight, I'm phoning my mom and then going for a run, to get my stress levels down and my mind on something else.

Hang in there, darling Dad, you ain't getting rid of us yet.
 

.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment