Friday, July 26, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Back to the Way it Was

I understand this sign.


I understand it, because I would also like to turn things around, back to the way it was before my dad got sick or Son#2 had that cyst in his brain and before immigration to the Nether Lands.
Sigh.
Oh well.

It's overcast this morning, but that's super after all this thick heat that spread like a down comforter over the country.
I'm hoping for rain today.
Will do the garden some good as well.

I've been postponing and postponing a good clean-up of the house and today is D-day.
I can think of better things to do.
One is going back to bed and reading all day.
Another is to drive to Antwerp and walk along the river, then coffee, lunch somewhere and Belgian Beer.
Mmmmmmmm.
Dreaming about it, almost makes it feel real.

I'm phoning my mother later.
That nitwit hematologist My father's hematologist still hasn't been to see him.
I want someone else to treat my father, thankyouverymuch.
If only I had connections to the mob.
Sigh.

We can control very little in life.
Better to go with the flow, gather as much information as one can, make a decision, and then let it go.
One has done all one could.
The buck stops somewhere.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment