Saturday, July 20, 2013

Last Year

My dad is (hopefully) getting his operation this morning to save his leg, get him mobile, and to avoid other complications that will develop if he isn't mobile.

I tried phoning my mother, but can't reach her.
She must still be talking to the orthopedic surgeon.


A year ago, my dad was playing soccer with the boys in the garden.
He had problems with his back, as he'd had for most of his adult life.
But when the chiropractor broke two of his ribs in early October last year, we never expected things to turn out like this.
Not multiple myeloma, cancer.
And not at 62 years old.

It's not fair, and I'm angry.

I didn't sleep.
Son#3 didn't either.
The husband lay awake as well.
We worry for my dad.
We love him so.

** UPDATE** 
My dad is not getting his hip operation today, or tomorrow for that matter - he's sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place - the operation carries significant risks in terms of infection and his current condition, and not operating and being immobile might cause lung infections or an embolism.  Deep sigh.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment