Sunday, July 21, 2013

A new day

Yesterday, my mood swung down to the doldrums and then some.
I was an unwilling participant of life;  troubles and heartache too much to bear.

Luckily there is sleep.
And wine.
And a wonderful husband.
Not forgetting my mother, who told me to call her when I needed to talk to someone.
My mother is a strong woman.
My dad is a strong man.
I come from strong stock, it seems.
Strength in our genes.


This morning, the skies are blue again.
It's quiet outside, drinking coffee in the sunshine with the husband, who is reading Tintin comics and me staring off into space.
Life is small and insular at the moment, but that is how I prefer it.
It boils down to who and what really matters in my life.
I like the clarity.
Family first, thankyouverymuch.

I spoke to my dad this morning.
He whispered, but by the sounds of it, he's doing a helluvalot better than this past week.
Dehydrated, not too much pain, but better.

The husband is setting up the boys' bunk bed today.
I need to go to the Ikea to buy an underlayment for the top mattress so Son#2 won't go poking holes in the top mattress from beneath.
I need to start cleaning the house and doing the laundry.
Domesti-City, seems to be my hometown.
The husband wants to move to Cape Town.
And today, that's a fine idea.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment