Sunday, August 5, 2012

The country life

This week we found a mouse who had met its Maker by the back door, we think a special gift from Nelson, our cat. 
Then this morning the boys found a large spider inbetween the Playmobil toys, and luckily the husband was just walking out the gate and came back to rescue us, as I don't enjoy the company of spiders in general.
Roughly the size of a lentil I can handle, if they're bigger, I scram.
In fact, a rule of thumb is anything that walks on more legs than I do, should stay away from me at all times.



And just now the boys found a dead sparrow by the soccer goal, poor thing.  
Rigor Mortis hadn't set in yet, had to dump his lifeless body in the rubbish bin.  
Feel quite bad about that, but can't risk digging holes to bury dead birds and only have them  dug up again by cats or children.

We live in interesting times.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment