Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Glory

It comes in many flavours.

A colleague I have the utmost respect for, got thoroughly screwed at work.
I'm hoping he will stay on.
Would be so sad (and selfish of me, I know) if he left our organisation.

A new-ish colleague, one I helped appoint, has turned out to be a bit of a twat.
People call him all sorts of names behind his back, and I can't correct them and keep a straight face.
He takes credit for my work.
My hard work.

At the end of October, I get to go to England for a few days, with my respected colleague, and that feels good.
Will have to start starving myself, because I can just imagine how often I'll stop at a pie shop to buy curried vegetable pies, or cheese and onion pies or go to a night shop to buy salt & vinegar crisps.  Cider.
Aaaah.  Bliss.
I'm more excited about the food I'll get to stuff down my throat than the work or even learning something.

Meanwhile Son#2 was bitten by a mosquito again - Skeeter Syndrome =1, Son#2 =0,  and he's under the weather.  Poor bunny, think this new-school-thing is a lot to handle for his sensitive soul.

Glory in its many guises.
Today it's just Sunshine and Hollyhocks.



Glo-ri-ous.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment