Monday, August 6, 2012

Between Two Worlds (or three, or four...)

We are in the middle, in many ways.
Middle of our lives (I hope not the end), we live in the middle of nowhere which is just fine right now, plus a midlife crisis or two.
We are also at the mid point between my parents leaving and schools and work starting again next week.

Grabbing every opportunity to make a fresh start, I'm using the academic year that starts again on August 13th.



First of all, I need to study.  NEED.
Not sure what yet, but study this academic year, I will.
Sociology or Psychology.  I've narrowed it down a bit.
Psychology will offer more work in the long run, but Sociology rings my bell more.

Need to get my health issues sorted.
As if the gods were on my side, I found an England-trained GP in the next village.
Perhaps she won't think of my use of emotional words a sure indicator of some mental illness, as most GPs here can't handle emotion.  (God Forbid!!  Sacrilege!!!!  Humans with emotion???  Unheard of!!)

And I'm getting all the administrative loose-ends of our lives sorted, a.s.a.p.
I will have chaos no more.

In the meantime, it's Monday and I'm down one kid (Son#3 is at the creche).
It's going to be a good week.


I'm realistic,  remember?  I expect miracles.
Good ones.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment