Monday, May 12, 2014

Recognize the patterns

We went to rugby after all.
Just Son#1, torrential rain, the husband's 15 bucks, and I.
It was good that we went.
They need 7 players per match, and only 7 kids showed up.
Show up, participate, give it your best shot.
It's like a mantra for life.


Today is Monday, filled with meetings and more meetings, teaching classes I'm utterly unprepared for.  
My mind is somewhere - where I don't know, but my focus is gone.
Gone.

I have to study and remember stuff.
I can't even find words for what I want to say.
There is a glitch in my brain.
I have an appointment with an endocrinologist in July and I'm putting all my eggs in his hope-basket, praying that someone out there will be able to help me feel better.
Have energy for life, and not feel like an 80 year-old.
Even my nearly 80 year-old mother in law has energy and memory surpassing my own many times over.

The only thing that is good, is that I recognize what is going on here.
And if it's not my thyroid and adrenal glands, I'll eat my hat (and yours too).
I have ALL the symptoms.
I'm falling apart, and that's tough with a tough job and a tough little family and some tough, demanding self-expectations.
Breathe in, and out again.
Today is just today.
 Ain't it?

.

2 comments:

  1. Life is though - so let me send you some Monday love!
    (and I applaud you for the whole rugby mission!!)

    ReplyDelete