Tuesday, May 13, 2014

An Astronaut, so he should know


Exploration really is the essence of the human spirit, 
and to pause, to falter, to turn our backs on the quest for knowledge,
is to perish.


Meanwhile, my mother and I went to Antwerp for the day, eating at the Grootte Witte Arend (first mentioned in history books in 1488 -!!!-) as usual.
Go look at the website, just immerse yourself in the little square with its flowers and charm.
We spent many a happy lunch there with my dad.
There's even a tiny chapel next door, and a heavenly shop with tiles and fixtures, all moody colours and wrought iron things that would last me a lifetime.

Then home.
Son#1 off to rugby practice.
Tomorrow is the husband's birthday, bless him.
We're all so glad he's around!
Besides, I love exploring new places with him.
x

 



 

2 comments:

  1. I've been there, at the Grootte Witte Arend! Years ago, before children... also with my parents. Small world, isn't it? Happy birthday to the husband tomorrow :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the Grootte Witte Arend! If I win the lottery, we're moving in. xxx

    ReplyDelete