Monday, May 26, 2014

Being ready

We had a good weekend, but it ended on an explosive downer.
Too bad.



But it had me thinking about being ready for change in one's life.
Always postponing, thinking of the future but also getting lost in the quagmire of the hectic now.
I know I should practice being more Zen-ish (or my version of it), but sometimes the now is just crap and the promise of an escape button to Utopia is preferred.
Sigh.

My week starts busy, but then leaves me with ample moments to study in peace and quiet.
An assessment with my boss, a class to teach, a manual to start writing.
I'm taking it in my stride.
Tomorrow is (hopefully) another day, and there are very few insurmountable things in this old world.

Hope your week will be very, very good.


.

4 comments:

  1. Now is all we have. And dealing with the fact that there isn't an escape button whatsoever is sometimes already as crappy as hell, apart from what is happening right here and now. But what is the use of roaming in fantasy land..?
    Good luck with your week dear Yo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes utter petulance takes over and I simply don't WANT to be in the here & now, and if there's no possibility of improvement, I might just lose all hope.
      Think I should have been called 'Houdini' at birth....
      Hope your week is good too, Roos! xoxoxo

      Delete
    2. Here's what I've learned so far: the WANTING can drive you nuts. Same goes for hoping (I know that sounds dark and twisted, but hey, I'm not all gloomy doomy you know).
      Yup, I'm going all Zen on you. Feel free to delete me :-P

      Delete
    3. What annoys me, is that you're right!!! Eliminate 'want', eliminate most of your damn problems... The spirit is willing, but the mind is weak, Sensei Roos. Won't delete you yet, you have proven useful so far... wahahahaha!

      Delete