Tuesday, May 20, 2014

On the road again

We are busy.
We had a gorgeous weekend away in the Belgian Ardennes, lovely weather, castles, rolling hills and green.
Castles and caves with underground rivers.


Back in the Nether Lands, summer has arrived in full force.
The energy it delivers with it is most welcome, albeit short-lived and quickly extinguished.
I'm writing exams in 2 weeks' time, and then after the first exam, my mother and I are flying to Bergamo for a weekend.
After that, my money is gone, but that's fine.
We had it good for a while.

Son#2 has a dance performance at school this week, with the resulting tiredness and tantrums, which seem to go hand-in-hand.
Son#1 has rugby practice and discipline problems.
It's difficult to parent.
The fine line between being nice and being a parent that will deliver a respectful and able-to-love adult is tough to tread.
Son#3 is just cute, thank our lucky stars.
But between spending much-needed time with my mother, the husband, the kids and work/studies, I have little time to give to other pursuits, friends and this blog included.
Shameful, but true.
In a few weeks' time, life will have calmed down a bit, and so will I.


.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the exams... hope you find the time to study!! Big hugs!! xxx

    ReplyDelete