Friday, April 5, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Fine Fine

My dad is still in hospital, two blood transfusions and pain meds later, it looks like he's feeling better.
Go Daddy Dearest!!

Meanwhile I got a whopping €97 parking fine for my bumper hanging over the pedestrian crossing in Breda.
Old, hardened criminal that I am.
It seems the cops foiled my evil and sinister plan to block unsuspecting pedestrians from crossing the road - this time.
But I'll succeed in the end [insert evil laugh].

Sigh.
(I won't start ranting about the uselessness of this fine - it's like hugging a cactus - futile and daft)

But it did set off a cascade of tears that had me scaring parents at the boys' school.
I just raised my red nose and swollen eyes and let them wonder what the hell was wrong with me.
Bit of curiosity never killed anyone, right?
I continued my wailing at home, phoned the husband who couldn't understand me from all my crying. He then rushed home, poured me wine and listened to my senseless moaning.
May all the gods bless him.
All of them.
Thoroughly.

It didn't stop the crying though, and I continued on and off until 3h30 this morning.

Now it is the weekend and Son#1 is going to the in-laws until Sunday.
I need to study and be calm and loving.

 
And I'm lighting a big, fat, old candle for my dad.
And for my mom, because she deserves one too.

I wish you a happy, contented, healthy and loving weekend.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment