Thursday, February 21, 2013

Useless, I know

And now it is Thursday already, while I promised to be back on Tuesday.
Forgive me.
I have many faults.

My trip with Son#3 to South Africa was great.
We didn't do very much, but that was a good thing for my burned out brain.
Every day fell into a rhythm of getting up, having tea and fruit, then rambling on until it was time for lunch somewhere in a restaurant.
Outside.
Because it was bloody hot in South Africa.
Then home, Vivaldi or Karl Jenkins, dinner where I ate too much, and bed.
Bliss.

I have many regrets, though.
One is that the trip wasn't longer.  A year would not have been long enough.
Another is that I couldn't smuggle my parents into my suitcases.
Or that the husband and Son#1 and #2 didn't get to go along.

But I'm also glad about a number of things.
My dad is looking spiffing and well.  Go Daddy-O!
My parents live in a lovely, secure new home.
They love each other and I them.
Son#3 enjoyed one-on-one time with me and stole his grandparents' hearts.
Our plane left Port Elizabeth and I didn't break down hysterically like I wanted to.
We made a victory flight over the Nelson Mandela Bay, and watched the sunset over distant mountains from our window seats.

 

Sigh.

Back in the Netherlands, I've started my meditation-course, found out I weigh about the same as I did when 6,5 months pregnant, and I'm mostly thankful for seeing my little family again and not having to rush back into the stress of work and supertight schedules.
I get to breathe, for now.

Good enough for today, methinks.


.
 

2 comments: