Wednesday, February 6, 2013

All my bags are packed

I'm ready to go.
(Poetic license:  Thank You John Denver)

My in-laws have kindly offered to take me to the airport and see Son#3 and I off to South Africa tomorrow. I feel so relieved - I was so worried about managing the buggy, the baggage and my hand luggage on my own (the husband has to work).
Can't believe that I will see my parents and brother and niece and sister-in-law in just 2 more days.
Can't wait. 



I've been beaten by the Cold-bug, and am sniffling and sleeping with my mouth open, waking every time drool escapes the corner of my mouth.  
Sigh.
So much for feeling sexy and wanton.

Son#1 and Son#2 slept in our room last night - Son#1 is anxious about school and life in general, dissolving into tears after a heart-to-heart last night, and Son#2 is just Satan.  
He woke at 3 a.m. realizing that his brother wasn't there, and then started screaming in his loud voice until the husband lost it and I chose the middle ground:  allowing him to bunk down in our room as well.
Of course nobody slept again until 6.
Lawdy Lawdy Lawd, give us strength.


Today I have to tie up all loose ends - meaning that I have to pay accounts (swearing like a sailor), and mark 40 essays by students (even more swearing) that I put off from last week.
Needless to say I haven't started relaxing yet.
Don't know how or when it will happen, but surely, it will come.
Won't it? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment