Monday, April 4, 2016

The Point

I saw a new immunologist who thinks that I'm in a prodromal phase (i.e. initial phase) of a systemic autoimmune disease.
Blood tests, results next week.
He seems to be connecting dots, and although that is  exactly what I wanted - someone to look at the big picture of my illness - I feel so, so very sad about his conclusion.
Lupus?
Scleroderma?
He said it can take years before we get to a clear diagnosis.
I am going back in 3 months' time and need to speak to my GP for pain management.


Home again.
Meeting with Son#3's teacher plus other kindergarten teacher.
Son#3 is definitely not continuing to the next year. 
He 'plays too much', especially with younger kids.
Horror of horrors, a toddler who plays.
Tsk tsk tsk.
We have NOTHING to say about this, no control.
I'm fervently hoping that we are wrong and the teachers are right - because we want what is best for Son#3.

But this complete lack of control of any direction of my life got my goat today and I threw a tantrum at home.
What oh what is the point of this blooming existence?
We are born, life-strife-people-problems and then we all die anyway.
I am struggling today.
My mother listened patiently.
Thanks mum. 


No comments:

Post a Comment