Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mutually exclusive



If you desire ease, forsake learning.
If you desire learning, forsake ease.

Siddha Nagarjuna


Life is one tough cookie.
All these universal themes of anger, love, happiness, self-fulfillment, revenge, survival, death and grief.
Every day we start fresh:  Managing these themes, trying to grow and surpass.

I wasted my morning in front of the TV, watching some nitwit in New York whining about fashion and how important it is (barf barf).
I guess I kept watching because her life seems so far from the values in mine. 
Difference is stare-worthy, after all.
Stuff ain't important.
That's not where the answer lies.
After I'm dead and gone, no-one will give a shit if I wore nice dresses or followed fashion trends.
Long barf.

Meanwhile, my mother and I are plotting her visit to us this year - hopefully a full 3 months if the gods allow, and I can't wait.  
The husband is excited too:  A live-in, uber kind babysitter that will afford the two of us some freedom and time to recuperate and recharge parental batteries.
I'm lucky to have a husband that loves my parents.
My mother wants to walk the Santiago de Compostella when she comes.
 
My dad wrote down some notes in his diary last year in July, it must have been after he came out of hospital after his hip replacement and near-death, mentioning places along the Camino.
We live by signs.
We should heed them.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment