Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fire up your Engines

My mom is coming on April 2nd for 3 months, and that requires preparation.
She needs to travel down to Cape Town, stay there in a hotel, apply for the damn visa, and return to Port Elizabeth.

This morning, I organized the letter of invitation, stating that we will let her sleep indoors (if she behaves).
I organized the hotel in Cape Town.
Pleasepleaseplease let everything work out.


Meanwhile, I'm on illness number 6 I think, waking up to yet another sore throat, heavy lungs, coughing fits.
'Fed-up' doesn't begin to describe what I feel today.
I can't handle more antibiotics (and quite frankly, they haven't made me better).
Sigh.

The husband and I had our 14th anniversary yesterday, so we went for lunch at Villa Augustus, (leek risotto, yum yum) because it makes me happy, then on to the Boijmans van Beuningen museum in Rotterdam.
Gorgeous.
I liked the modern art section.
And the building is marvellous.
Of course the anniversary is nice too - and to know that there is a helluvalotof love here, and gladness of being married to Midlife Crisis Man.

The boys were up early this morning, so they'll be tired come 12 o' clock.
Hopefully they'll forgo the playdates for today.
The husband is off to the UK on Saturday to watch some soccer match of importance, and will only be back on Monday.
I'm shipping Son#1 off to his grandparents', and will hopefully get some peace and quiet in for myself.

One can hope!
.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment