Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sunshiny Saturday Mornings

The sun is out.
We're supposed to meet a new-ish friend this afternoon but her son has foot-and-mouth disease.
Not sure if we should risk it.
We're off to France on Friday afternoon, you know.
Wouldn't want it circulating in the car...


The husband has gone off on a weekend away with old colleagues from his time in South Africa.
I let the kids go to bed at 21h15 last night.
Did my best to make up a story about tanks and soldiers and where the husband is the hero.
The husband does it better.
I send the soldiers back to base for a cup of tea in my versions - this is, for obvious reasons, not as interesting as combat helicopters and wounded men, and hanging out in the bar with the boys at the end of a long day fighting and killing people off, pictures of semi-naked chicks on the walls.
Mmmmmm.

Meanwhile, Son#1 is training himself to spy on people (???), Son#2 is still in his pajamas and refuses to get dressed, and Son#3 can't make up his mind whether he wants a banana now or not.
I'm busy with riveting stuff, as you can see.
But I feel pretty damn positive.

Yesterday, and so far today, I'm repeating positive things to myself all the time.
Affirmations of how great my life is.
And how great I am.

Just keep going, baby.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment