Friday, June 21, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Blissful Rain

The heat is gone, and halle-bleeding-lujah for that.
Today it's rain and coffee and snuggling with Son#3.
I may do the laundry, then again, I might not.

Yesterday, I had that talk with my boss after all - I wanted to postpone the talk, but I postponed writing him an email until it was too late.
Oh well.
After freaking out about it in the morning, I decided to go to the movies instead - After earth - which was o.k.
Just me, an empty movie theater and lots of popcorn.

Then, last night, a treasured colleague had her farewell feast, as she's becoming a pensioner.
It was a fantastic evening.
We went to Barlucca in Breda, ate delicious food, and laughed a helluvalot.
Did wonders for the soul.
Another colleague asked if I would like to get involved in developing a curriculum for Environmental Crime.
Yes!


Today I'm utterly pooped after a short night (my own fault), but I feel good.

Later, I'm phoning my parents (my dad is on his second - new - chemotherapy, has had lots of pain of late).
I'm split into different worlds.

Have a good, contented weekend.
Contentment with one's life is, I am starting to believe, the pinnacle of what could be considered, the good life.


.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment