Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lift-off

I have survived the week so far.
I almost can't believe how I did it, how I let go and let the chips fall where they would.
It has been, and still is, hell-week.

Today Son#2 must go to the doctor.
He has a swollen finger and bad asthma.
Not to mention the Tourette's syndrome (swearing at mummy) and the general bad attitude.
Sigh.

Tomorrow: my last day of teaching before the world ends on Friday.
I asked my students what they'd like to do before the world ends, and the two things that were mentioned in all my classes were having sex and sleeping.
Guess they have their priorities straight.



Apparently in 1522, a whale stranded on the Dutch coast, and Martin Luther, that stoic old Protestant, saw it as a sign that the end of the world was nigh.

Well, lo and behold, last week a whale also stranded on the Dutch coast, and with the end of the world predicted for Friday, I'm getting nervous.

Am putting off all worries, cleaning, laundry and my backlog of work until Saturday, when we should be in the clear.
As should you. 


.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment