Thursday, December 27, 2012

Impressions of Christmas

They came, they saw, they conquered.
The in-laws were here for Christmas dinner, sans my sister-in-law and nephew. 
The nephew had a stomach bug for which I'm very grateful to him for keeping it to himself.





We cooked pork for the meat-eaters, mushrooms for me, baked potatoes, asparagus and ate ice cream.
The mother-in-law helped with Satan and his Cohorts and washed dishes.
It was cozy and unpretentious.

After everyone had left, the husband and I sat up finishing off the wine (mistake) and sipping Cuarenta Y Tres (bigger mistake) and paid dearly for it on Boxing Day.

Today friends of the husband are coming over, and tomorrow we have doctor's visits for myself, the husband and Son#2.

Other than that, life is simple.
And that's good. 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment