Thursday, October 9, 2014

Unhurried

I fell asleep at around 21h30 last night and woke at 4 a.m. when the husband sat reading in the quiet envelope of nighttime.
Eventually, I too fell asleep again, and we woke at 7h15 from the husband's alarm clock.
What a luxury to wake later than my normal 6 a.m. and pushing-rushing to start the day with 3 boys and a self that need to be somewhere.

I'm hosting an extra helpdesk for my students that are writing an exam on Monday.
No good deed goes unpunished - I could have stayed in bed, you know, instead of having volunteered to help the no-clued-blighters.
Oh well.
At least 2 showed up.

Another student, of whom I am a mentor, failed his internship, and is also getting the advice to seek education and eventual employment on a lower educational level, and we're all a bit scared he might flip out. 

Son#1 and #2 are coming home for lunch and then I'll pick up Son#3.
I need to get my butt in gear and study - today, tomorrow and all through the weekend, and after that too.


Next week Saturday we'll be flying to France, and I have double lessons for my criminology courses right after we return.
What a busy time this has been.

Get through the day, then home, and tomorrow afternoon I'm having jaw surgery [insert a sarcastic 'hallelujah'].

After tomorrow's that-ought-to-be-painful surgery, my medical agenda is clean and clear (I hope), and I'd like to keep it that way.
Long sigh.

By mid-November, all this crap and stress with work and studies will be over.
We'll be starting again, but that's a different chapter.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment