Saturday, October 18, 2014

Merde

We are in a tiny hamlet, Tudery.
The view is breathtaking, and the husband and I both wonder if my dad can see this.
He would have loved it.
And so would my mum.
 

We're all a bit grey under our eyes and around our mouths from the early morning rise.
Son#1 was a self-igniting rocket today:  everything and anything set him off.
We had many fights (and then I'll shut up or say something un-nice).
It's not even 7 p.m. and the boys are fast asleep.
 
We'll wake tomorrow morning to views of jagged rocks across the valley and grey-green oleanders, pine trees and vines, and we'll be thankful to be alive.
What a damn privilege this is.
 
(Roos:  I wish I could gift the four of you with a week here.
Sending you & yours lots of love and good thoughts from France.
Come on, Lotto, do your thing).
. 

1 comment:

  1. xoxoxo
    (and I'd almost go out and buy myself a lottery ticket :-))

    ReplyDelete