Thursday, October 2, 2014

The good news is

I don't seem to have Addison's disease, and my thyroid is okay, but the endocrinologist couldn't find anything wrong with me.
Cortisol and thyroid are both low, but hey, apparently some people have low cortisol and thyroid.
I could have had a pituitary stroke during one of my giving-birth-experiences, but then I'd need to get more tests, and if it turned out to be positive, then I'd need to take hydrocortisone which will only damage my adrenal glands, bringing me full circle back to Addison's.
Sigh.
The endocrinologist told me that I was 40 and needed to learn to live with it.
I'm staying out of the hospital circuit from now on.
Never liked them anyway.


A friend recommended a naturopath in Breda, but it's not covered by the medical aid and quite costly.
For now, I'm going to continue with the Autoimmune Protocol, and see where that leads me.
I need to reduce inflammation in my body, heal my gut, heal my damn life.
The husband and I are both convinced that we need to start looking at an alternative life than the one we have.
We'll just have to see where we end up.

Son#1 and #2 crawled into bed with me this morning, one under each arm.
Small moments of bliss in the early morning quiet.
What more is there in life?


.

2 comments:

  1. Those moments of bliss are true lifesavers.
    For what it's worth (not much I guess... and I'm no doctor): you rock at 40.

    Chin up my friend. And let me know if I can be of any help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roos! The fact that you aren't a doctor (insert hissing vitriol) is a saving grace: I'm now officially anti-doctor, unless of course I can find a good one. I used to date a doctor waaaay back when: he was also a dweeb. I'm going to be 40 & pissed off today. Ha! Xxxxxxx

      Delete