Sunday, June 14, 2015

Big Ol' Slow Down

I've started to see a bio-therapist who told me that my health issues originate in my bowels.
I'm willing to try anything.

The husband goes for runs in the woods and the countryside often.
He runs faster and faster, while I'm slowing down, pained and stiffening up, and feeling an out-of-character resentment because of it.
Half the time I feel like a pouty four year-old: 'I also want to do that'.



The kids got a new playhouse where they like to play all day, even eating lunch inside the hut and then lying in the dirt that was once a lush lawn.



Later, we'll drive to the in-laws' to pick up Son#1 who went for a sleep-over.
Even at nearly 10, he still gets homesick, bless.

But, inevitably, there will be the standard explosive adjustment period this afternoon: No longer the centre of my mother-in-law's universe, but returning to the fold as one child out of three.

Life requires adjusting, adjusting, adjusting & a good dose of compromise.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment