Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The good, the bad & the ugly

The (very) good news is that I don't have cancer anywhere in my body.
The PET-scan was clear.
I probably have celiac's disease, but that's okay: I wasn't planning on blasting myself with gluten again anyway.


The bad & ugly news is that there is NO answer to explain all my symptoms and there is NO protocol to follow that will get me back to 'better'.
Back to the drawing board.

When I picked the kids up from school, a concerned mum asked if I were perhaps in the menopause??
No.
I just look like crap, thankyouverybloomingmuch.
(That was the point where I started crying. Again.).
But this prompted me to blow my food budget on skincare products.
Lots of skincare products.
My days of putting coconut oil (nice, make no mistake), are over.
And it feels goooooood.

.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you must look radiant by now!
    Thank heavens for the no cancer news. That must be a HUGE relief, also with your father in mind perhaps?! Good luck with finding The Answer (or one that works in the meantime).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably accept that The Answer doesn't exist. Sigh. The no-cancer news is great though. My skin hasn't caught up with this good news yet, haha! I'm still an old hag...

      Delete