Friday, April 17, 2015

Connect/Disconnect

I woke from a disturbing dream, dreaming that my dad had just passed away for the second time.
Dreams are abstract, as is our place in the world.

I lay awake thinking of 2 girls I knew.
The first girl, whom I knew for a while whilst living in France, now lives in Houston, married to a man who is the twin brother and husband of the second girl, now living in Edinburgh, who went to school and uni with me in Pretoria.
Strangely, these twin men, used to live in Durban (1400 km away from Pretoria and where I'm from), and went to the same school as I.
Their younger brother, Carel, was in MY class and used to fart in class regularly, and our teacher, who had an enormous beehive, would then strike a match.


The world is small but big.
My connection to it is getting smaller but more eclectic.
Some connections are abstract, most are concrete.
Is this just a regular feature of getting older?

I went to bed, holding Son#1's hand, pulling my other hand through his hair (he loves that).
He told me that when I am gone and he is a grandfather, he'll remember my hands.
Bless.


.



No comments:

Post a Comment