Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Regurgitate

We went to Amsterdam on Sunday, the husband and Son#1 went to a car show, and #2, #3 and I went to the Vondelpark, found a tiny bistro with burgers and waited for the rain to stop.
It was good.
#2 and #3 were utterly fascinated by the trams.
We really should get out more.
But artistic Son#2 told me that he had butterflies in his belly because of all the new things he was seeing, bless.


Yesterday, Sons #2 and #3 took part in the King's day activities and got a large bag of candy for their efforts.
We are more republic-inclined, to tell you the truth, making me feel like a freeloading fraud by being there.
Ha.

The husband gave me a good talking-to about stress and what has happened to my mind and body, and also that he's making this decision FOR me: I have to leave my job.
Yay emancipation, but strangely, it feels blooming fantastic that someone else is taking the reins.
We are working out our (tight, cinch-cinch) budget.
That old adage of if-you-keep-doing-the-same-thing-you-get-the-same-results.
I'll need legal advice, methinks.

It's the May holidays though.
The boys and I will bake a cake today and hang around the house.
The husband cleared the old play-tower-thing  in the garden last night, readied for a more civilized version we bought on the cheap, with long blue slide and a roof so the boys can play outside in winter too.
Change is a-coming


.





2 comments:

  1. Amsterdam is The Place for butterflies (ah, what a terribly sweet expression!!)

    Good luck with the money decisions. You'll get there in the end, but I do think it takes time. We're now happily living on I guess 50% of what we used to have five years ago. The contentment-part only came last year or so... of course there were lots of other things involved as well, but money it always such a big factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a big transition from my easy consumerism... Hopefully I'll find something I love sooner rather than later (it sounds so spoilt) and this IS meant as a temporary solution to a problem that has gone on for far too long. Having no money scares me though. x

      Delete