Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wisdom

Since this entire Exhaustion/Burnout episode started, I've been teetering on the ledge just between Adrenal Buzzing and Downright Depression.
I find I am either shaking like a leaf and just feeling plain useless.
Next week I'm starting my Zen meditation classes and I'm flying to South Africa. 
Busy busy busy.

Can't really say that I've let go of work, but then I didn't expect to either, and in March I have meetings with the director of our faculty to discuss the future of Forensic Science, ahem, aren't I just bloody important.

Anyway.
I had such a lovely chat with my very wise mother yesterday.
We spoke about life and death, how things start and stop, yin and yang and how we balance on the cusp of opposites all the time.
We came to the conclusion (a la Louise Hay and her Affirmations-theory) that we only have NOW and this is all that counts. 

We have no history.
We have no future.
It's only now.


Every day is like a new Spring day, full of possibilities and hope.
And if you wake up, it's yours to be enjoyed.

I really need to remember this, with a grateful heart.

.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment