Sunday, January 6, 2013

Villa Augustus in January

Date night with the husband.
We went to Dordrecht, to Villa Augustus, where I'd been with my parents in July.

The husband had Frito Misto, I had grilled veggies from the garden (theirs was cooked to perfection, mine is usually dry and chewy and definitely not so full of taste - will have to take cooking lessons from the talented brother in February), then we had Calzone, and finished off with Lemon & Lime Meringue.
LOVELY.



I love Villa Augustus.
There is no Design for Design's Sake.
It's 100% done with a Devil-May-Care-For-Design attitude.
I love the painted concrete walls.
The knives with the Villa Augustus hare on it.
I love the shop.
I love the gardens and the hotel, and I even love the WCs.

(Pity the boys all woke up when we came home and I only had 2,5 hours' of sleep, making that a total of 5,5 hours for the entire weekend, but I'll try not to focus on that...)

Go.
An experience, I promise you.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment