Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thunderous

I swore that tonight was the night that I would be telling my colleague-whose-son-I've-been-tutoring-for-free that I intend to QUIT, and now she's thwarted my plans by asking if he could come during the day - at work!!! - instead.

Sigh.

It's hard being a softie and a sucker, I'll tell you.

I have so much work that I need to get done that I might just as well burst into tears. 
Because that's what I want to do.
I don't like this adult life.
This you-need-to-work-in-order-to-eat life. 
This you-need-to-clear-the-dishwasher-or-nobody-else-will-do-it crap.
I don't like it one bit.



And I have to be honest (because on a semi-anonymous blog you can be honest, I think), that I want to be taken care of right now.
Coddled.
Pacified.
I shouldn't be in charge of anything in my present state of mind. 
Not a single decision, no child, and not myself.
Not even a what-the-hell-should-we-eat-tonight decision should be left in my care.

Sigh.

Sigh sigh sigh.


.






No comments:

Post a Comment