Thursday, November 8, 2012

Blegh

It was such an absolutely awful day yesterday.
I know that days can contain events that are far worse, but one's mind is often the greatest enemy in your ordinary-boring-day.

I'll just say it once and then cease any kind of whining of any form, but I need to spit it out or might just choke me:

My fibromyalgia is getting me down.
DOWN.
My muscles just wouldn't cooperate yesterday.
I had trouble carrying Son#3 around, could hardly push the buggy, and in the evening I had trouble holding my arm at an angle (read:  holding a wine glass).
Had bouts of crying yesterday, beseeching the heavens for this life that I've received.
Wondered how I was supposed to find a smidgen of gratefulness.



Dear Reader, I haven't had an easy life, I'm afraid.
That's always a relative concept, isn't it?
But no, really, it hasn't been easy.
Even my very own mother has wondered aloud why bad luck always seems to hit its target with me.

Oh well.
I'll have to get over it, and by golly, today will be good.

 It will.

I cancelled my classes for today.
I'm working from home.
And I wish I could say working in the 'working'-sense, but no, I cancelled my classes just to get 6 hours' worth of time-to-do-all-the-things-I'm-running-behind-on instead of teaching.

And by Jove, if I ever, EVER, say yes to another friend/colleague/complete stranger's request and it actually costs me time, effort, money or whatever, please, PLEASE come and hunt me down like a wild dog and shoot me.
Dead.
As a doornail.

I'm begging you!


.

 

2 comments:

  1. fibromyalgia. Big word that. I googled it... not good. My dear, dear friend. thinking of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my friend! Feeling much better today! xxx

    ReplyDelete