Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You say tomayto, I say tomaahto

New project:  Making myself feel like Pioneer Woman.
How does one go about such a mammoth task?
Small steps, let me tell you, and by trying your best to make oven-dried tomatoes.

Here is before, behold the pregnant tomatoes:



Here is after, no idea what they taste like, but they look absolutely gorgeous:



I sliced the tomatoes (a bit too) thin, and left them in the oven for about 3,5 hours on 140 degrees C.
An hour into the whole thing, I made a last minute decision to put some Herbes de Provence on.
Made them smell lovely. 
When they were dry (not crispy), I put them into an old sterilised jam jar and covered them with sunflower oil.  
Might even pop a clove of garlic in a bit later.
Just for the hell of it.  


I can take care of myself when all shops should burn down and civilization as we know it should end.
Next stop:  Cheese!!!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment