Friday, June 29, 2012

C'est Le Weekend: Breathe a sigh of semi-relief

Today the school holidays officially start, although I still have another week of work to do.
Will have to drag Thing 1 and Thing 2 with me to work on Monday and Tuesday...
There is just no other way as my parents are off to France again tomorrow with my uncle, who has come all the way from the United States.
Haven't seen him in oh, about 20 years.

I have so many plans for the holiday:  things I'd like to do with the boys, and mostly, just getting our house up and running and in order so we can survive once my parents leave us at the end of July.  Will miss their help terribly.

Today I have to help the boys say farewell to their old school.
After the summer holidays, they are starting at the school here in the village.  
Will be good for them, I am certain:  The school has a good and cozy feeling about it, the teachers are kind and the classes are smaller which translates into more attention should your child need it.
But it's stressful and harrowing for Son#1 who has fallen into a large group of friends at the (almost) old school.
Change is always daunting, even when you are 6.



Meanwhile I want to work in my garden this afternoon if the Tooth Monster allows me to, and try to finish some work inbetween.

The in-laws are coming on Sunday, to have either a barbeque or just plain dinner.
And a nephew is being sent away to a type of boarding school that will help him cope better with life.  This makes me so sad and mad as he is only 10.  Wish he could come and stay with us.

Work is stressful and will be next year as well, and I've been a total twit and volunteered to partake in a faculty board and I'm not so certain that I'm the right type of personality to do so.
I'm more soft-sector, willing and able to discuss my own and others' emotions and that is  generally frowned upon in the Nether Lands.  
Oh well.  I might just surprise myself (and everyone else) with my hardline approach and quick decision-making skills.
Or not.
We can only wait to find out.
Like Rilke said, you have to live the questions in order to find the answers.
Now I'm tired.
And the day is only starting.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment