Monday, November 21, 2011

Heavenly courgette tart

My friend Elma has the most wonderful blog with the most delicious recipes - I've never really been an avid cook but with her as an inspiration, I've been trying my hand at it and it gives me great pleasure. 

Check out her blog at:  elmaskitchen.blogspot.com

I've also been looking at bbcgoodfood.co.uk as they have tasty stuff too, and came across this courgette tart that even my picky boys are willing to wolf down.  Below my slightly tweaked version:


Heavenly courgette tart

Ingredients:

Roll of ready-made puff pastry
2-3 firm courgettes
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
250g mascarpone
olive oil
around 50g of parmesan
with
another 30g or so of parmesan to top it all off

Method:

Roll out the puff pastry and line a fairly large shallow oven dish, curling up the sides.
Slice the courgettes thinly and toss with the olive oil and crushed garlic.
Leave to stand for a while to soak up the flavour.
In the meantime, mix 250g mascarpone with the parmesan.
Spread this mixture on the bottom of the oven dish.
Stagger the courgette slices until the bottom is covered and you’ve used it all.
Finally, add some more parmesan in a thin layer on top of the courgettes.
Pop in the oven at 200C for roughly 25 minutes or until the courgettes are cooked.
Et voila!
Enjoy with a crisp glass of white wine!

1 comment:

  1. ooohhhh.... must put this on my list to try once this diet is done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete