Sunday, November 24, 2013

Soopa Sunday

I came downstairs this morning and found a complete laid-out breakfast in the dining room.
Son#1 had been busy.
Christmas music in the background.
Bless his cotton socks. 



I cleaned the kitchen afterwards, listening to music that makes me think of my dad and this last year of suffering.
I worry about my mom and I miss my father. 
Where is he now?
The desolation that his death has left us with overpowers me at times.
I know it's early days yet, but still.
Can't imagine that this will ever feel okay.
One falls into a bit of a void, limbo if you will.
Now to live one's way out of it again.

Today is quiet, I think.
The kids whine from time to time.
I'm going to dinner with a friend tonight.
The husband is getting his new eco-car tomorrow.
Goodbye grand Volvo, but hello extra almost-€500-in-our-pockets-every-month.
We ain't complainin'.
A quiet week at work awaits.
Halle-bleeding-lujah.




No comments:

Post a Comment