Friday, November 29, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Dang and Blast

Today a month ago, my dad passed away.
The husband and I shortly talked about it this morning:  it feels quite far away, yet like it just happened.
We miss the old fart. 
He was loved, and still is. 


My mother's contract at the school where she's filling in, is ending today, to her great relief.
Finally, time to just be quiet.
For her to sit on the couch and just think about life for a while.

It's a busy weekend that awaits us.  
Rugby tournaments, the husband has to attend a tennis tournament for work on Sunday, swimming and rugby lessons, laundry (woohoo, exciting).
I'm spending money I don't have on clothes for the boys.
And it's cold and blustery weather.

Nothing to do but fire and wine, loving kindness, reading, kissing a lot.
Thanksgiving for Non-Americans - but it really should be Thanksgiving every day.
A lot to be grateful for, happy about.
Even if I have to force myself into thinking along those lines.

.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment